What to do if the transformer oil level is too high
Source: 2017-03-28 15:42:24
Transformers work with transformer oil. Transformer oil is placed in the transformer tank, just like the oil in a tricycle is placed in the tank. Transformer oil has a relatively high status in the work and production of transformers. Transformer oil itself is the raw material for transformer operation. Therefore, to protect the transformer oil, the presence of transformer oil is a necessary condition for the full operation of the transformer. The position of the transformer oil in the tank can also be measured. There are also strict restrictions on this standard. It cannot be too high or too low. However, there are many cases where the oil level of the transformer oil is too high. So what causes the oil level of the transformer oil to be relatively high? How should we deal with such problems?
Reasons for high transformer oil level:
1. Changes in transformer temperature can change oil level. As the oil temperature changes, the oil level also appears-a certain range of changes. However, under abnormal conditions, abnormal oil level changes can also occur due to oil seepage, water seepage, and other faults.
2. Secondly, changes in oil temperature are related to conditions such as load conditions and ambient temperature. When the oil level changes are not consistent with these factors, it may be a false oil level. Reasons for the false oil level: a. The oil standard tube is blocked; b. The vent hole of the explosion-proof tube is blocked.
3. In addition, excessive oil level will cause oil spill.
Handling methods and emergency measures:
1. Release the trip circuit with gas relay protection to prevent accidental trip.
2. The electrical equipment operator on duty must check the oil level gauge's instructions frequently, and when the oil level is found to be too high, an appropriate amount of oil can be drained;
3. When abnormal oil injection of the oil pillow or explosion-proof pipe is found, the power of the transformer should be cut off immediately to prevent the malfunction and accident from expanding.
If the oil level of the transformer oil is too high, we must find a way to reduce it. If the transformer oil is too high, it will easily cause the transformer to overheat and then affect the transformer work. If the plot is serious, it will likely explode. We must treat this matter carefully !